My new project - corsets for the girls! Making it is pretty simple:
- there are only 3 pieces - front, back and neck.
- you have to cut 4 pieces of the back and 4 pieces of the front
- it looks 'clean' (no sewing lines) on both sides, so it is completely reversible!
You can download the pattern (without colors and pictures) here on this link. Print it on A1 paper, and you get a 1:1 pattern. www.dropbox.com/s/h5dnyx95bnui…
Creating the no-sew style:
- just put two front pieces on each other (the nice side on the inside) and sew it where I drew the dashed line. Then turn it inside out. Repeat it with the other two fronts.
- the back one is a little bit tricker: sew together two backs on the spine line, the other two again, as long as you want (I did it until my waist line). Instead of this, you can just fold the back piece (cutting out two pieces instead of four), but then it does not open up on the bottom.
- cut out the neck piece, fold it in half, sew it where I drew the dashed line. The fourth, not clean edge goes inside the back pieces - now sew the back pieces along the dashed line.
- now put it together on the sides - I simply tucked the side of the back inside the side of the front piece.
At the end, put the metal holes in the front, and on the shoulders, and tie it with a nice lacing.
It took me about 3 hours, including figuring out the pattern (I drew the pattern on tracing paper, then took a photo and traced it just for you guys, it is in scale). You can print the pattern by resizing it if you want - for me, the straight back line was 80 cm (31,5 inch).
I want to do another one, which would be different color on the inside and on the outside. This way you would have two corsets
I just dont know yet how to handle the neck, because if it is different color inside and outside, you could always tell its a double color corset. Maybe I dont make a neck for that one. Actually, once this was a curtain.